A lot of people with ATI cards on CrossFire mobos are having problems running The Witcher 2. Here is how I managed to get it running at a pretty good, steady framerate (around 50-60 fps), while still using most of the “Ultra” settings in the configuration tool. Here’s what you want to do.
1. Patch the game to version 1.1 (we need to get to 1.2 but you can’t update straight to 1.2; you need 1.1 first)
2. Patch the game to version 1.2 (as mentioned above).
3. Download the latest drivers — 11.6 — follow this link:
4. Download the 11.6 CAP2 file (CAP is Catalyst Application Profiles) using the same link I just posted for step 3.
5. Go into the /bin folder of The Witcher 2, run the configuration tool, set the graphics level to Ultra. Keep the config tool running for step…
6. In the configuration tool, go into “Advanced Settings” and disable ubersampling.
7. Play the game. It should work just fine.