Okay, a little while ago I posted a piece on how to fix some of the lost features in the iOS 6 “update”. I recommended a free app that would let you use Street View.
However, there’s a better way to get Street View and all of Google Maps back. Here’s how to do it.
1. On your iDevice, bring up Safari.
2. Go to maps.google.com
3. In the top left-hand corner, tap the arrow button in Safari (the one you use to share links on Twitter, Facebook, etc).
4. Choose the option, “Show on Home Screen”.
5. Now when you go to your home screen, Google Maps will be there.
6. Open up the Safari Google Maps bookmark from your home screen (the one I just mentioned above).
7. Now you’re in Google Maps.
8. To get to Street View, enter an address, then, at the bottom, a little blue icon of a person will appear.
9. Tap on that little blue icon of a person.
10. Boom, there’s Street View, in full panorama mode.
Hope this helps!
Does your blog have a contact page?
I’m having a tough time locating it but, I’d
like to shoot you an email. I’ve got some suggestions for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great blog and I look forward to seeing it improve over time.
Yes — the link is at the top, at the bottom of the banner. Look forward to hearing from you.